Crowd-funding campaign to
LICENSE FIVE PIECES OF MUSIC
It’s the last call to contribute to
EVOLUTION OF ORGANIC
Evolution of Organic is finished and has been successful in initial outreach, eighty screenings so far with more in the works. Fundingwise we’re down to the last campaign and more than halfway to our goal. BUY US A SONG is for one last thing: licensing five pieces of music for $20,000.
The good news is we raised $12,140 in the initial June and July crowdfunding campaign. Now we are extending into September and October.
Please give to BUY US A SONG. Please help bring the film home
Songs to license include:
UNCLE JOHN’S BAND by The Grateful Dead
- This is the title song, leads us from conventional agriculture to its opposite, organic
GARDEN SONG by Dave Mallett
- This iconic song keys a stirring montage of the early days of organic
(I FEEL LIKE I’M) FIXIN’ TO DIE RAG by Country Joe & the Fish
- Anti-war classic takes us to Vietnam, herbicides and veteran farmers saying no
FURTHER ON (UP THE ROAD) by Bruce Springsteen
- From an animated explosion of organic products to images of the movement now
THE BOUNTY OF THE COUNTY by David Gans
- A tribute to the organic life, which runs under the closing credits.
Two licenses are required for each piece of music: the written composition; and the recording. For “Uncle John’s Band” each license will cost $5,000, or $10,000 total. Because it is a title song, that’s a good deal. “Fixin’ to Die Rag” will cost $3,000. “Garden Song” and “The Bounty of the County” will cost $1,000 each. Bruce Springsteen’s people have not given us a quote yet; first they want to see what markets and deals we get. However $5,000 is a good estimate. Thus, we are hoping to raise a total of $20K.
About the Buy Us A Song Campaign:
We are homebrewing this crowdfunding campaign, using Paypal and the film’s fiscal sponsor, IDA. We will update the totals periodically.
Timeframe: September 1 to October 31, 2018
Amount Raised to Date: $ 12,140
Number of Contributors: 27
Ways to Contribute:
Use the Paypal link to process a credit or debit card:
IDA, the International Documentary Association, is the film’s fiscal sponsor. Use this link for tax-deductible donations:
For larger tax-deductible donations or paying by check, or any other questions, please contact Mark Kitchell directly. phone: (415) 515-0785 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are rewards for giving:
- $100 or more gets you a DVD
- $50 or more gets you a link to stream the film on Vimeo
Additional reasons to give:
- Musicians and composers deserve support for their creative endeavors. Make sure they get paid!
- Be part of the crucial last step in finishing the film. We spent the last year raising $70,000 in finishing costs. Now we really want to be done!
- Help us do grassroots outreach, educate and inspire young and old, build support for organic!
For more information about the film, see the rest of this website.