HOW CAN I HELP?
1. Purchase the film:
For personal use of Evolution of Organic (please, no educational use or public screenings) you can buy a DVD or digital stream of the film at our Square store.
- DVD’s are $50 plus $5 handling and shipping.
- Streaming via Vimeo is $20.
Note that these prices are benefit prices, to help raise and pay finishing costs. At the moment we are the only source of sales to the general public. Later there will be consumer DVD and more streaming options. Stay tuned!
2. Purchase or rent the film for educational use:
Bullfrog Films is the educational distributor. They rent the film for classroom and library use, sell DVD’s and site licenses.
- Call or write Stephanie Miller at (800) 543-3764
- email: email@example.com
3. Set up a community screening:
Community screenings, broadly defined as any public show between theatrical exhibition and classroom use, can be set up through Mark Kitchell, Bullfrog Communities, or one of our distribution partners like Collective Eye Films. We want to work with organizations to sponsor and host screenings, organize outreach and panel discussions. Events can benefit local causes. Fees for the film range from $99 -- $350. A filmmaker appearance costs an additional $750 plus travel and accommodation expenses. Fees for screening the film and filmmaker appearances help cover the costs of outreach and contribute toward paying finishing costs. For example, The Community Co-op in Bellingham WA donated $2,000. The Briarpatch Co-op in Nevada City/Grass Valley CA underwrote the expenses of an event that raised $1,800. Sponsoring screenings is one of the ways you can support both the film and our work taking it to the world. Please get in touch to discuss possibilities:
- (415) 515-0785 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1016 Lincoln Blvd #10, San Francisco CA 94129
- Alex Hoskyns-Abrahall
- (610) 779-8226 email: email@example.com
- website: http://bullfrogcommunities.com/evolution_of_organic
4. Make a financial contribution:
We’ve had a good run making Evolution of Organic, raised over a quarter-million dollars. However, as of February 2018, there are still finishing costs to be raised and paid: people who brought the film to the finish line; archival film and photos; and, the biggest remaining cost, music licensing. There are a few ways to contribute toward bring the film home:
-- Make a tax-deductible donation to the film’s fiscal sponsor, IDA
The International Documentary Association is Evolution of Organic’s 501(c)3 tax-exempt fiscal sponsor. You can make a donation electronically at their webpage:
-- Send a check:
- Payable to: International Documentary Association
- On the memo line, write: #4219, Evolution of Organic
- Mail to: 3470 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 980, Los Angeles CA 90010
- Questions/Problems? Toni Bell firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 232-1660 ext 216
5. Contribute to our crowd-funding campaign, Buy Us A Song
In March 2018 we will launch a crowd-funding campaign to raise $20,000 for licensing five songs:
- “Uncle John’s Band” by the Grateful Dead
- “Garden Song” by Dave Mallett
- “(I Feel Like I’m) Fixin’ to Die Rag” by Country Joe and the Fish
- “Further Up The Road” by Bruce Springsteen
- “The Bounty of the County” by David Gans
We will call this campaign Buy Us a Song and we hope people enjoy pitching in. The key to successful crowd-funding is organizing in advance and getting commitments. So please let us know if you are interested in helping. It will be the last call.